No new pictures of Tiger or Lightning because they've remained the same 'character' throughout this looong dress up week. But for various reasons, many of which I'm sure mothers' of girls know, a scarecrow wasn't acceptable so in to a dress Toots went for school. Okay so it was a total knock-off of last year but this momma has only so much imagination and patience.
Which was pretty much done in by 8.20am when we got home from the school run. Carrying supplies for the girls' school parties, pumpkins for the decorating competitions, accessories for their outfits, and making sure they actually had all their school stuff too, wiped me out for the day. And after Lightning's 'guising' at the Downtown Library story-time and collecting more candy than a 32-year old (let alone a 2-year old) rightly knows what to do with, I'd had my share of that too.
Add to that two sugar-hyped, sleep-starved, emotional children, and I made the decision to check-out of Halloween a little early.
So, instead of Trunk or Treating like we normally do, this evening we posted a watch at our door;
...made some Halloween desserts (that Toots learned at school);
...switched off all the lights, and settled down for a Fun Family Movie Night. A bit of R&R on the sofa was what we all needed. If only tonight was a Friday...
| Yum.. nothing is better to lick than a balloon covered in Sharpie pictures. |
2 comments:
Yup, I'd be fed up with it over a week too. We're moving on to fireworks now :)
Bonfire fruit salad anyone?
Good for you! A truly inspired solution to practical demands through creative problem-solving! I say, well done Mum!
Post a Comment