Tuesday, 5 May 2015

Trying To Be Cool

Continuing his Tri training today, Lightning started some swimming lessons.


To be honest, before we left Midland he could have swam half the length of the COM pool, but since coming here he's totally forgotten all about big arms and kicking his legs, and all in all it's been easier for me to put him back in his floaty.  And I'm sure that by the end of the summer he'd have been swimming on his own anyway, especially in our small back yard pool which hardly needs more than a few kicks to get to the other side, but still, I think you can never, ever go wrong with proper swim lessons.


It's just hard to keep Joey out the big pool at the same time.  He is fearless when it comes to water.  This was him last week:


For the previous half hour he'd just been jumping in and climbing out, jumping in and climbing out... On the up side I rarely have to actually get in the water, which is quite nice!

4 comments:

Blondefish said...

Fantastic! That's totally not Small Fry...but I wish it was. Is that a puddle jumper thingy he's got on?

super sonia said...

Yeah. They are SO the best thing for 2 year olds. You have one, don't you?

Fido9000 said...

This is brilliant! I love the way he kicks to get all the way out!

super sonia said...

Actually, just in the last few days he has managed to kick properly rather than 'cycle'. Which maybe isn't as cute but a whole lot more efficient!