The boys proudly got to walk with their Anchor Boys section of the Boys' Brigade, while the girls and I joined in the swim club (with Tiger as an honorary member to boost the numbers - and to keep warm).
What you can't tell from these pictures is how blinkin' BALTIC it was. I think we were all wearing at least six different layers, which is why Joey looks very much like a round and juicy tomato. Just as well his borrowed jumper was about four sizes too big and could fit on top of all those layers as well as a jacket!
Anyway, the parade is in the light and the following Christmas Light Switch-On and Fireworks were in the dark, so we headed back home for the two hours in the middle to warm up. Unsurprisingly the roaring fire, Oma's hot apple crumble and last night's X-Factor absolutely spoilt us, and neither the Don nor I could face layering back up and facing the freezing cold to walk back down into town again, so here are the photos from last year in case you're desperate to check out the firework action...




No comments:
Post a Comment