Why does it take the Council a week to grit the main paths to and from schools?
In fairness the ones I'm talking about are not actually to or from our school, but we use them all the same to get to ours.
Sure, the main roads were gritted last Thursday and Friday when the snow fell, and by Monday the lane outside our house (which has a lot of foot traffic) was gritted, but after one or two main pavements routes were dealt with, the Council seemed to forget about the rest. Which has made walking to from school/work/town a pretty interesting experience for all this week.
Finally today they got round to gritting the pavements of Rutherford Folds and Chicken Lane (I'm sure that's not it's real name, though I've not idea what it is), which have been total skating rinks for the last week. Good fun in theory, but a little deathly in practice!
No comments:
Post a Comment