So yesterday as I was decorating my house for Christmas - which I realise was probably a day early, but 1) it was snowing and what better day to feel Christmassy and make the house feel Christmassy, 2) as I'm sure I've said before, in the last seven years we've moved house four times in December or shortly after Christmas which has put a massive damper on the whole 'decorate the house for Christmas if it is even at all possible', and so this year when I actually can get into the whole Christmas spirit, I am certainly going to, and actually 3) our neighbours put up their fake Christmas tree at least two week ago and we see it every time we look out our bedroom window (which looks over their fence and into their backroom), and that's kinda made us feel like we're running late - I was also inspired to create a holly wreath for our front door.
Okay so really I was inspired last year when iChum gave me a home-made one as a housewarming gift and this year, thanks the holly from her garden, I created myself my first ever front door wreath. And let me tell you it's harder that it looks! It doesn't actually look that impressive from up close, but it looks pretty nice from far away, though I have a feel the first strong gust of wind will slim it somewhat!
No comments:
Post a Comment