Thursday, 12 December 2019

If It Makes You Happy

I am loving my Monday bible study group at the moment... not only are we doing a 4-week study on Advent, but we are spending an hour crafting afterwards.  Which might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I do totally love doing it - so long, I have discovered, as someone else provides both the inspiration and the material!  This is the favourite thing I've made so far...

It's actually a wreath for a door, but I'm
not altogether convinced my twining will
hold up to actual weather!

 So much so that I even made another today:


Not that I really had time to make it, I was just wasting the couple of hours that my gingerbread dough was cooling in the fridge and putting off the things that I really should and needed to do in that time.  Turns out cooling gingerbread dough in the fridge, despite all the online advice, was rubbish.  I ended up heating it back up in the microwave to actually make the dough roll-able.  Turns out I maybe also shouldn't have used that runny US icing I found in the back of my cupboard - the gingerbread men now look like they've been playing with their mother's lipstick!


Though I'm sure the toddlers that are eating them tomorrow at Mainly Music are not gonna care.

No comments: