I had a total wife fail this year before Run Garioch. The boys were entered through their football club (as a fundraiser) and ran in their club kit, but I was sure that I had also signed the Don up for the 5k .
Turns out, I hadn't.
I knew I didn't enter him into the Balmoral Run in April as it was too early 'in the season', but I was 100% convinced I had checked and double checked that he was indeed going to start training and did indeed want to run the 5k this morning, and that I had then signed him up online. Until a few days ago anyway, when I realised I had received the race numbers for both boys through the post, but not one for him. Maybe if Toots had run this year again and I'd needed to sign both of them up I'd actually have gotten round to doing it, but she was having none of it...
Turns out though, I actually did the boy a favour.
After camping for twenty four hours with the Cubs and Scouts which included veeeery little sleep and a veeeery slow five mile 'hike' yesterday that took hours and hours in the sun and heat, the Don was absolutely over the moon at not needing to get up early this morning and run the five kilometres.
So guilt assuaged.
I did not get great photos as the boys were coming in to finish as I was too busy sticking my hand out for a high-five and seeing if they would see me, come over, and then give it. They both did!
The pictures don't actually do the day justice. It started out glorious and was wonderful weather for running 5,000 meters, but then the rain and drizzle started and by the time the boys races came it was grey, overcast and the air was heavy with rain. But, it did stay mostly off right until the race was done, and then the heavens opened and the crowds vanished. Once again I was thankful we lived so close! I think we ended up all sprawled on the sofa watching a movie for the rest of the afternoon - you know, as a treat for all the exercise we'd all done.
No comments:
Post a Comment