Saturday, 13 May 2023

The Duke

Apparently the Duke of Edinburgh hike was "sooo hard" and "there's no waaaay I'm doing that again!"

And they're off...!





Can you tell who the official 'photographer' of the group was?!

...and back home again.

I did try to explain it was actually really short in comparison to so much, and also great practice for when you're, lets say for example, in Italy taking part in fieldwork in the Alps and then touring round the country with friends and then undertaking some research for a future dissertation, all the while living out of a single 70l rucksack that weighs 30kg by the time you've added hiking boots, crampons, paper questionnaires for 40 Italian mammas, and the odd bikini. 

Tiger wasn't buying it. 

In her defence, I think the 20+ ticks she had to pull out of her body during and after the hike dampened the whole experience!

No comments: