My goodness it was a hard slog.
Not my longest ride (I guess I didn't record our trip to Germersheim last summer), but most definitely my hardest so far...
And all of my own doing, I grant you. But since I had to to drop Tiger's group off for their Bronze Duke of Edinburgh expedition near Ballater anyway, I figured why not enjoy a wee cycle at the same time, since I'd driven all that way already and all that.
TOTALLY forgot how long that road from Ballater to Loch Muick was though (I'm sure it would have gone much faster chatting to a friend!)...
| As close as I got to Loch Muick. |
...but super thankful the track wasn't all that bad across the hills - you never can tell from a map, and I was a bit worried it would be super rocky and I'd have to carry or walk my bike at some points...
| Lochnagar just hidden in the clouds |
...but there were some glorious views coming down the other side into Royal Deeside. I just wish I actually had a bit more time to sit up in the hills for half an hour and enjoy the total peace and quiet and sunshine. But I did actually have a deadline to be home and time waits for no woman!
![]() |
| First (and only) sign of Balmoral Castle after I'd come over the other side |
I have to say, I'm not worried about cycling the 65 miles in August. But I am worried about whether my back and my bum can hold out for that long!

No comments:
Post a Comment