Saturday, 17 August 2024

Keep The Family Close

The Lambclan's Annual End of Summer BBQ (I'm calling it that, and making it annual whether they had those intentions or not!) was a wonderful official end to our summer (or end to the first week of school for all those south of the North East of Scotland!).







And this year, for the first time (since... oooh... let me work it out... actually, maybe not that long ago(!)... during COVID I think Fona and Jelo were stuck in the UK unexpectedly, but that wasn't exactly practical, so before then... maybe 2009? I don't know, we'll need to work it out...) ALL of the KellingClan and families are actually bona fida living in Britain for at least the next 15 months.  Which means... numerous family photo opps woop woop!

This year, also, we had three of the four cousins and their growing families at the BBQ too, which probably makes it the biggest family get together since the wedding of Simina in 2017!

Anyway, we didn't actually manage to catch a photo of all 14 of the grandkids (MUST do that when they all first arrive!) but even trying to wrangle the 11 that were left, plus two second-cousins, plus dogs, proved to be a challenge...








Wonderful afternoon though with family, food, BBQ and baking and, as always, a tremendous thanks to the ever giving, ever loving, ever inviting hosts (who I don't think made it into a single photo!).  We'll need to get that sorted next year ;)

No comments: