Monday, 26 August 2024

Start Choppin'

Last spring a couple walked past our house as I was doing something - heading out in the car I think.  For some reason I was outside and able to be engaged in coversation...  Anyway, they saw our huge pile of wood and said they owned a mobile log splitting service and would we like them to come and split our logs?  Naturally my curiosity was piqued - cos I mean really, who has the time to chop all those logs?!?  Don't get me wrong, for the last few years the Don has done a really good job of keeping our wood burning stove topped up over winter, but it's a never ending process, and how many days in winter do we have both good enough weather and free hours on a weekend to chop logs?! Let alone buy / find a chainsaw to cut all the longer logs into rounds.  But at the time I said not right now... though in my mind some thoughts were brewing...

And, once the kids were back at school, round they came woop woop!  What a difference decent machinery makes, and boy what a pile of logs we ended up with...perspective does not do it justice.




I reckon we still have another half days work for the two of them to do, should we ever get through the pile that we currently have and need more cut.  But I have to say, those four pallets of wood (plus a full woodshed), does bring joy to the heart...most of all because it was the Don and kids that stacked it all - hey, I paid my dues back in September 2022!


No comments: