Wednesday, 1 June 2011

Maintain The Pain

Without even a full check-up, set of x-rays or consultation lasting longer than 3 minutes, my appointment took one a half increasingly frantic hours.  However, I did manage to get home before Lightning woke for his next feed, with the exciting news that I have to go back this afternoon at 3.30pm and get the first of two root canals and crowns put on my teeth.  Actually, one of the teeth I'm going to ignore but the half tooth missing I think should probably be dealt with.  At a cost of $3,000 to the insurance company and $1,500 to me.

I know I know I keep going on about the money, but boy it gobsmacks me each and every time.  As does the length of time it takes for each appointment.  I mean why give someone a 10.30am appointment when you don't let her in to see a nurse till 11.40, and then the dentist doesn't even make an appearance till 12.10?  How are you supposed to time your child's feed around that?!

And my milk has come in and it H U R T S.  Breasfeeding is not enjoyable at the moment.  So I'm in pain, and miserable, and that's before the dental work...

1 comment:

davieboy21 said...

So sorry to read your litany of woes! And to add to it all these incredible (inedible) bills, would make anyone's stomach churn! .... let alone a postpartum Mum!