Tuesday, 28 June 2011

My Name Is

Picked up the latest birth certificate today:

And in true American fashion what a palava it turned out to be.  Went to City Hall where I was told to go, only to be told I was instead to be at the County Courthouse.  So I went to the County Courthouse where my bag and I had to go through a metal detector as soon as we entered.  Discovered it was the fourth floor I had to go to only to be told they accepted Cash only.  Cash, not even personal cheques, and EVERYone accepts personal cheques here.  So back I go to the car, find the nearest cash machine, go back to the Courthouse, back through the metal detector, back up to the fourth floor, and after a wait am called to the desk.  Only to be told I have a form to fill out first before I can be seen.

My previously Texan now Scottish friends: are you given so little information about everything in Britain??

Anyway, now time to figure out how to apply for an American passport, British birth certificate and British passport.  I'm imagining lots of form filling, evidence providing, waiting and fee paying...

1 comment:

Blondefish said...

Congrats! Officially born!