I just love toddler's logic. Maybe it's a parent-child thing and so not that cute to anyone else, but when your two or three year old starts asking questions and coming up with explanations, it's just a wonder to hear.
We pass the 'tree house park', as we call it, at least four times a day on our school runs. Today on the way to picking up Tiger, Lightning and I were talking about meeting friends there for lunch tomorrow. As usual I was going through the list of everyone that we should expect to be there: Mrs E and P, E and A, Mrs P and C, E and C, Mrs R and A and B (sounds a bit like Chikka Chikka Boom Boom), Mrs C and J and M...
"Oh no, Mrs C might not be there because J has a sore eye," say I.
"Oh," responds Lightning, full of disappointment. A few second later: "Does J have a daddy?"
"Yes, Mr C, remember?"
"Oh." Pause for thinking. "Maybe J can stay home with his daddy and Mrs C can come to the park?"
I mean why not?! Work not withstanding.
Obviously it's all much cuter in a 2-year old's voice.
No comments:
Post a Comment