To be honest, I've never been overly convinced by these
Sock-ons. It never crossed my mind to buy any for Toots - she either never pulled her socks off or they somehow always stayed on - though I did see them on other wee babies at the time she was a bairn.
Joey though, for some reason he couldn't seem to keep his socks on. Before he learned to pull them off, he did this funny kick thing that meant they never stayed on for more than 5 minutes. When we were home in the summer visiting iChum I was complaining about it, or he kicked and lost his socks, or something happened anyway, and seeing as she'd just had her littlest and received two pairs (and wasn't overly convinced by them either), she gave us a pair. They still didn't work overly well I have to say, but as soon as we were back in Texas socks became non existent anyway, and when Autumn rolled around, his little
Robeez did the job.

But in the last few weeks I've found them again, and boy they work a treat. Outside the house he wears his Stride Rites, but as soon as they come off when we get home, his socks are off too. Which I don't mind when it's warm outside, but quite often our house is cool, and his little runny nose make me thinks he should really be wearing some socks. Maybe it's just that Joey's foot is now fat enough (I do worry that maybe it's
too fat and his little toes are turning blue...), but try as he might he can't pull his socks off. Sure we now have to deal with his frustration instead, but you know, I can deal with that! At least until the warmer weather is here to stay...
Thanks iChum!
No comments:
Post a Comment