| Happy Birthday Lightning! |
Can't believe he turned three - three! - today. Mostly because it means we've been here for almost three and a half years, and that feels like a long time. And a lot longer than we'd planned. Toots was just over three when we moved here, and now my wee cowboy is fast approaching the same age... In fact, we measured him today and he is 1cm short of Toots at 4, and exactly the same height as Tiger. Love his cheeky little 98cm to bits (well, that's what we measured him at - I'm sure his wellcheck tomorrow will pronounce him something different!).
Anyway, in the spirit of his birthday party theme (for Saturday) which is cars and trucks and anything with wheels that go, or more specifically nee naws, ambulances, cars and trains, Toots got up at around 6.30am this morning to set this up for him as a surprise:
She cut out road pieces and everything. I also made the effort to, eh... buy balloons last night when I was out in search of royal icing, and at a dollar a piece from the Dollar Store I'm never going anywhere else for my helium!
After tea we finally got round to actually blowing out the candles and opening his presents, and if the cake looks just like a couple of donuts piled up with candles stuck in, then you'd be right. Because they are Lightning's favourite food. And I debated about whether to make the cake for today and then just cut it and eat it - but then who (other than the Don) is going to appreciate all the effort I am going to go to? and it's not easy to find Royal/Fondant icing here, I tell you! So in the end I decided just to make the cake for Saturday's party and create a donut cake for today. Which neither Lightning, Toots, Tiger nor Joey (who is fast becoming a donut fiend) was in the slightest bit upset about.
No comments:
Post a Comment