Wednesday, 1 October 2014

Help Yourself

One of the things that sucks most about your husband being away, is how on your own you are when one of your children gets sick (which AunTia attested to in a 4am, her time, phone call from France this evening).

Once again it was Lightning that hit me solo (only his second time ever so I'm more perplexed than annoyed), but the horrendous nights that resulted on Sunday and Monday have left me feeling... well... 'weighed down' is perhaps the best ways to describe it.  I mean I'm used to functioning with limited and interrupted sleep, but it's incredible how one step further just wearies you right to the bone.

Still, kids can't help but make you smile:

Not a bad solution to cutting and
cooking onions!


And he's better by the way: he's not going to pass on any germs by handling the food we're eating, just in case there were any germiphobes out there wondering!