It's almost 4am here in Abu Dhabi, and I can't sleep. Joey woke at midnightish maybe, and again at 2am, and after his prolonged crying and the ensuing comforting session the second time, and maybe also all those interior decorating thoughts women can't help but have (we agreed to a house today so now just have to rush to get a deposit down in this crazy market) I have just woken right up. This evening I was exhausted by 10pm too and was hoping for a full night's sleep - last night, due to Joey's prolonged slumber session the first night we were here and my resulting laziness, I couldn't get to sleep till 1.30am, and then woke up bright as a button at 5am.
I've never really experienced this jet lag before (though I suppose the kids did last time), especially travelling east. Usually overnight travelling and missing a night's kip, four energetic children and a whole plethora of things to do in a limited time at the other end, means we all slot right in to the new time zone. In fact the Don has mentioned how this time he hadn't noticed the nine hour time difference either, though I'm sure travelling for 24 hours, not going to bed the first night till midnight then being forced to get up a 6am the next morning to catch a bus to start worked helped reset the body clock pretty quickly... But still, I'm at a bit of a loss.
I'm also starving, which is odd because I've pretty much eaten three full buffet meals a day since getting here. Maybe my body is still making up for the three meals or so we managed over 48 hours travelling, or the two/day I usually end up with when the Don's not around...
So, this is a good time to download those photos and show you some of the fun that Toots, Tiger, Lightning and Oma got up to back in Midland this Columbus Day weekend (which meant a day off school Monday):
1 comment:
Oma does the best pumpkins
Post a Comment