American Airlines... Honestly!
The next time that I have to leave Midland (which will be when we actually move at Christmas, and therefore I'm assuming it's the last time for a while that I'll be seeing MAF), we are not flying via Dallas and using American Airlines, or American Eagle, or whoever operates that route. You can quote me on that.
Last night I finally arrived in Midland after being awake and travelling for a full 24 hours and sleeping for... 0 (Joey managed about 5 in total), to find only one of my two suitcases arrived with me. And not the one that actually has our clothes, shoes, toiletries, laptop and gifts in it, but the holdall in a suitcase in a suitcase one. And our useful suitcase didn't just board the next flight out of DFW, which you'd think would be logical, but it sits and waits idly for a full 15 hours while two other flights fly the exact same route it needs to take.
Anyway, it's back now, and what I finally confirmed at Midland Airport American Eagle counter when I dropped Oma off, is that one of the weigh machines/bag drops at the check-in counter isn't actually a scale. I noticed this by accident when we used that check-in to fly to AUH, so this time being the only people at the counter (I mean the only people) I deliberately walked to that desk, so when the man finally came out to check Oma in, he used that computer and scale, or no scale, which meant Oma's 57lb bag cruised through check-in and stuck it's tongue out at the 50lb limit. And we've been charged before for being a pound or two over weight. This would have been good to know over the last three years!
But that's it: Oma has gone, two birthday parties have been attended (neither of which we took presents too), the suitcases have been unpacked, the sorting/packing/organising/stickering has been started, and the kids are snug in bed. Time for me to follow them.
No comments:
Post a Comment