Friday, 10 October 2014

Waiting for SuperOma-n

How come American Airlines flights from Dallas are always delayed.  Always?!

Oma is flying in tonight and was meant to have landed 45 minutes ago.  Turns out we still have another 45 minutes to wait till she lands, so instead of having four relatively happy kids at 7.30pm desperately awaiting their Oma's arrival, ready to come home and chat and hug and spend some time with her, I have four already bathed and jammied kids, who are fighting tiredness as well as each other, and who when we return from our airport run will be heading straight to their beds.

I have debated just putting them in bed and finding a sitter for them so I can head out myself (seriously debated it: Thursday's are the 'by now utterly exhausted' day in our house and I usually try and get the kids to bed by 7pm) but once you've said to your kids they can go to the airport, you can't really deny them that...

Plus, it's not like I'm going to be dealing with the related-to-this-late-night-and-early-morning tears and tantrums at bed time tomorrow.  That's for Super Oma!

No comments: