Tuesday, 21 October 2014

With A Little Help From My Friends

I love friends.  While three children were in school, one friend entertained Joey and another used her precious free time and a lick of yellow paint to make my shabby bench look like new, I finally had the chance to sit down for 10 minutes mid-morning and enjoy a bacon butty (with Scottish bacon brought over by Oma) and cup of cha for my breakfast.  And of course time to clear and clean and organise and pre-pack, and even re-stain (after being given advice and all the kit from another friend) our much loved and wiped table so it once again matches its extension leaves.  And this evening yet another friend took all four kids after school and fed them dinner so I could continue with more of the above.

Love 'em.

I thought this time, actually, it'd be easier and less organising than last time seeing as last time we were packing up and sorting through 6 years of married life.  But I suppose two additional kids, school routines, being alone, and staying on in the house for another two months doesn't give you any less organising...

Packers are due to come at 8.30am tomorrow morning, but I've still got my bathroom, bedroom and closet (a mammoth task), the garage and garden to organise, so I'm just hoping (and assuming) it'll take them more than a day to do the whole house.  I just hope that my stickers everywhere make sense, and that they can get on without me, as I still have school runs and swim lessons and general life to fit in!

Anyway, here are some photos from our last few days full of birthday parties and play dates: just because they're cute ;)

Superhero party


Roller skating party


Non-stop fun with Pinkalicious!



Making pizza

No comments: