Saturday, 28 May 2022

36

This morning I undertook a three hour drive to Glasgow, hung around Tollcross International Swimming Centre for four hours, watched a 36 second backstroke race, and then drove three hours home again.



The things we do for our kids (though okay okay, I did get a McDs out of it...)!

But it was a big meet and worth Toots attending, even only for the one race, though if she'd made the acceptance time earlier and we'd had more time to plan we might have actually made a fun birthday weekend out of it.  But whatever, we got good car chat down and back and you can't put a price on that. 

Suppose I should also be thankful she wasn't in more races like many from the club who had to be down there Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 7:30am-7:30pm. If that had been the case, our poor Lightning might never have gotten round to opening his presents!!

No comments: