The Don and I had an odd hour and a half free of children this evening as one was early to bed after a very early morning and late night the day before, one was out at Cubs, and the last two were out at Youth and wouldn't be brought home till much later. So in honour of May the 4th (be with you) we had an impromptu Movie Night and finally got round to watching Dune.
"But Dune isn't a 'Star Wars' film!" I hear you cry... (well, some of you maybe). Queue a young man, based on a desert planet with sand-dwelling creatures and where water is scarce, with mysterious powers embarking on a grand quest where he must fight against the empire. He has psychic abilities and can control the minds of others using the Voice, and his incredible power inspires hope and fear in equal measure. Sound like Star Wars to anyone?!Anyway, it wasn't a bad film truth be told, though I'm not sure I'd make the effort to see the future ones in the series at the cinema.

No comments:
Post a Comment